An 850,000-sq-ft LEED-Platinum corporate headquarters, a center for homeless youth and a cable-stayed bridge spanning the Missouri River are among the projects a panel of industry professionals have awarded top honors in ENRMidwest's Best Projects 2011 competition, an annual program recognizing outstanding design and construction in a variety of categories.
The winning projects were selected on the basis of design quality, construction quality, innovation, safety and the ability of their project teams to overcome unique challenges.
The projects will be honored at an awards breakfast at the Crowne Metro Chicago Plaza on Dec. 6. They also will be featured in the Nov. 28 edition of ENRMidwest.
Following is a preview of this year's winners.
- Best Project: The Palladium at the Center for Performing Arts, Carmel, Ind.
- Award of Merit: Horizon Community Church, Cincinnati, Ohio
- Best Project: Franklin County Common Pleas Courthouse, Columbus, Ohio
- Award of Merit: Village of Skokie New Police Department Headquarters, Skokie, Ill.
- Best Project: Testa Produce Inc., Chicago
- Award of Merit: Fields Auto Group Volvo Dealership, Northfield, Ill.
- Best Project: Helen DeVos Children's Hospital, Grand Rapids, Mich.
- Award of Merit: Elmhurst Memorial Healthcare Integrated Health Facility, Elmhurst, Ill.
- Best Project: Wisconsin Institutes for Discovery, Madison, Wis.
- Award of Merit: Community Tissue Services' New Center for Tissue Innovation and Research, Kettering, Ohio.
- Best Project: Ameren Missouri Sioux Energy Center Wet Flue Gas Desulphurization Installation, West Alton, Mo.
- Award of Merit: John Twitty Energy Center Unit 2, Springfield, Mo.
Interior Design/Tenant Improvement
- Best Project: BP Bright Lights, Chicago
- Best Project: Lincoln Elementary School, Cicero, Ill.
- Award of Merit: The Ogden International School of Chicago, Chicago